- Stop always being distracted. Focus on what’s in front of you.
- Stop only talking the talk. Don’t discuss goals, discuss steps already taken.
- Stop spending time with the wrong people. Create a supportive network.
- Stop always focusing on the negative. You can be realistically positive.
- Stop procrastinating. Do it now: only do it later if you will do it better later.
- Stop not listening to others. Ask, listen, care, repeat.
- Stop giving in to laziness. Get off your arse. Go out. Have new experiences.
- Stop not being curious. Ask questions, learn more.
- Stop not being nice.
- Stop giving up. You may only need to try once more.
Bonus tracks galore!!
The 2018 re-record, remix & remaster of The Grunderhunter!!
Experimental soundworlds The Skittering and Handmade Arpeggio!
And from WeeklyBeats2016, the Lovecraft inspired They Return to Claim What is Theirs and instrumental guitar piece Loaded Dice!
Hey people! I’ve released the third album my Song a Week for a Year series, this one entitled Summer. It’s a quarterly theme!
You can click below and listen for free!
Well friends I’ve finished compiling all the details and here it is, the second part of my Year of Songs project. This album covers the period from the 31st of January until the 24th of April 2016. It has some successes, like Blind (Instrumental) and Quenelles, a Trio (this is possibly my favourite from the whole year), but also has the first couple of proper failures where I was reaching for something that I genuinely could not achieve at the time. Still – it was a learning experience!
It’s available to buy or to stream for free over on Bandcamp!
SAWFAY II – Spring
Happy listening and have a great weekend!
I’ve released an album, it’s the first of four that I’ll be kicking out into the world over the next two months. This one is Part I – Winter.
Life to me mostly seems like how it might be for a cat with a spinal injury, except in that nobody thinks I’m cute as I struggle to do the basic things that everyone else appears to do with ease.
It’s a shame to feel so jaded.
My current project, a Song A Week For A Year number 24 – ‘That’s the Message’ on #SoundCloud
This piece started off inspired by Black Heart Procession, but then traveled through Gravenhurst and latter day Nick Cave.
Once again, it’s a bit dark. I started work on the lyrics before I’d completed all the instrumental parts and for once I had the time to come up with a text I’m happy with. The downside of this being that I ran out of time to work on the drum programming. Swings and roundabouts!
Becca Allen joined in on backing vocals and autoharp.
Here is the continuing playlist for the project so far: